TRAVELING COOKING CLASSES
Children’s Table is now offering traveling cooking classes that can be held in the convenience of your school, library, or other approved venue. Classes are designed for students ages 3 to 17 and can accommodate up to 15 children. Children’s Table requires that you provide one volunteer for every five students participating in the class.
Children’s Table Traveling Classes are centered around 1 to 3 simple recipes, depending on the age group, that do not require a flame. Each child will receive a recipe book that contains the instructions for the foods prepared in class so that the students may make them again at home. The instructor will arrive 30 minutes prior to start time and will provide all food items, disposables, and cooking utensils needed for class.
Your site must provide the following:
- Hand wash station complete with soap and paper towels
- Large tables for students to work upon and vinyl table coverings (if desired by site)
- Trash bins (Children’s Table is not required to remove trash.
- Site must fill out an allergy form that is due 5 days prior to scheduled class.
- Cost of Traveling Classes:
- $250.00 - ages 3-6, one recipe within a 45 minute class.
- $325.00 – ages 7-13, two recipes within a 75 minute class.
- $400.00- ages 12-17, three recipes within a 90 minute class *Please be aware that a traveling fee may apply to sites outside the immediate Pittsburgh area.
- Payment is due 5 days prior to scheduled class.
To schedule a cooking class please contact:
Lisa Ferguson - 412-330-7452
Make your check payable to:
United Methodist Church Union (MEMO: Children’s Table)
1400 Buena Vista Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Traveling Class Form
Please be sure to complete this form BEFORE the day of your scheduled class.